Abyss of Silence

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Say it ain't so!

Aw crap, so it was true about Don Knotts!? My clock radio went off a few mornings ago with the presenters talking about what sounded like someone from The Andy Griffith Show had died, but it was the tail end of it and sounded rather vague and ended up sounding like a plug for a DVD set.

I had the Today Show on while I got dressed (which I don't normally do) foolishly believing that if someone like Don Knotts had died, they'd mention it or do a tribute or something. Nothing!

When I got to work, I flipped onto the Yahoo entertainment news web page to see if there was anything there because SURELY if someone like Don Knotts died, there'd be something on it. I didn't see anything. So I dismissed it. I found out this morning from my sister in an email.

I'M SERIOUSLY BUMMED!

I think in tribute we should all nip something in the bud.

4 Comments:

  • And Darrin McGavin died too. Two serious bummers!

    By Blogger Dana Fredsti, at 10:45 AM  

  • Anyone dying is sad. Certainly.

    But.....no one else thought Don Knotts was a little difficult to watch? I mean, I liked him in Herbie when I was little (sorta...Herbie wasn't the best of the Disneys)

    Specifically, what did you love about Don Knotts?

    You didn't want to shake him? Just...just a little?

    By Blogger Imez, at 8:31 PM  

  • GASP! Esereth, I’m shocked and dismayed!

    See I wasn’t into Don Knotts movies although I really liked “The Reluctant Astronaut” and “The Incredible Mr. Limpet”. I didn’t like Herbie and I refused to watch “The Apple Dumpling Gang”.

    Don Knotts’ brilliance was in his portrayal of Deputy Barney Fife on “The Andy Griffith Show”. Now if you didn’t like that show then there’s nothing more to be said. In my opinion it is one of the best shows ever made, particularly the earlier season. Knotts was hilarious as the by-the-book, but not quite living up to his ideal lawman. I liked Barney because he had the best of intentions and really tried without arrogance. He’d get a little full of himself at times but would soon get knocked off his perch. I don’t know I could keep going on but if you didn’t like the show, what could I say?

    Yes, he was good in “Three’s Company” too but I can’t watch that show anymore. I used to love it when I was a kid but then I loved “Happy Days” too back then. In other words, I was an idiot. I find those shows completely unwatchable now, but I can still watch “The Andy Griffith Show.”

    By Blogger Abyss of Silence, at 9:16 AM  

  • Yes, nip it in the bud ... but keep that single bullet in your pocket!

    By Blogger freethoughtguy, at 11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home