Abyss of Silence

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

FEAR ME!!!!

Why not? Everybody else does.

I don’t get it and I’m getting somewhat concerned about it. I seem to intimidate the shit out of people. The weird thing is I don’t try to and don’t understand what it is about me that people find so intimidating.

  • I don’t shout at people.
  • I don’t throw things.
  • I get mad at circumstances not individuals (generally).

I think it’s kind of a funny intimidation because my coworkers (often) make jokes about it but it seems like they also really don’t want to anger me.

So what is it? This is an honest inquiry.

What sparked this entry was someone who came over from our manufacturing plant and I asked if he had a check they had received yesterday. He said that [the guy who received it] generally freaks out with checks and wants to get them over here as quickly as possible so I don’t get mad.

I’ve never ever yelled at this person. I’ve been nothing but pleasant to him so how did he pick up on the idea that I’m so fucking scary?

If anyone who knows me has any idea, please let me know.

5 Comments:

  • It's probably just because you know what you want and ask for it without apology. Lot's of people hem and haw and beg and weakly ask for what they want, which indicates that it doesn't really matter.

    In the business world the reps that didn't know me thought I was mean and demanding. When I had to give an impromptu speech for an employee that was leaving, I riddled it with humor. One of the reps came up to me afterwards and gushed that they had NO IDEA I was so funny!

    When I work, I work. And expect the same from others. I play during free time.

    Maybe that's the way others see you, too.

    And BTW, I don't think you're at all scary.

    But then, look at the family I have to compare to..... :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:09 AM  

  • Maybe that's it. It's generally work people who think it. I do realize that I'm rather intense sometimes and have definite opinions about how things should work. And if something's stupid I call it stupid.

    So I guess it's just my decisiveness?

    It just bugged me when someone that I don't see everyday had the same reaction.

    By Blogger Abyss of Silence, at 11:01 AM  

  • You have exuded powerfulness since you were very small (3 yrs). It started out as a defense mechanism. When you were about five, I announced that whomever married you would have to be another powerful person. I was right!

    By Blogger Lillian Campbell, at 9:28 AM  

  • You don't scare me.

    By Blogger Fleeting Mind, at 3:10 PM  

  • Your withering sarcasm? Your Dance Dance REvolution prowess? I dunno... I'm not scared of you. But I see why people WOULD be.

    By Blogger Dana Fredsti, at 2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home