Abyss of Silence

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

New Year’s Resolutions - 2006

I’m not one of these naysayers who think it’s “cool” to poo-poo New Year Resolutions. But you know, by all of them poo-pooing it they negate their fringy coolness.

I, however, am all for setting unrealistic goals which I will never attain. C’mon, it’s a tradition!

  1. Lose weight: Hey it’s a classic. It wouldn’t be a New Year’s Resolution list without this old stand by. What the F? I need to, so why not? I resolve to lose XX pounds (the number is none of your business).
  2. Keep a journal: I went to Barnes & Noble today and bought a nice leather-bound journal. I resolve to write every day. From the monumental to the mundane.
  3. Draw: I’m not bad at drawing. I’m not great either. I could probably improve greatly with a little more effort. I resolve to draw five pictures a week.
  4. Paint: I’m even worse at painting than I am at drawing and therefore do it even less frequently. I resolve to paint one picture a month.
  5. Quit my part time job. I have a full time job that pays the bills. I took this part time job because I thought I would enjoy it. I was wrong. I’ve had it for 5 months; it’s time to go. I resolve to quit my part time job.
  6. Hold myself accountable. I resolve to revisit this list monthly and log my progress (or lack thereof).

Dang, that’s all I can think of for now. Maybe I’ll revise this list. I’ll sleep on it.

4 Comments:

  • It's hard for me to keep a journal and a blog. You should use the journal for the drawing and channel your written creativity into a place where I can read it.

    Curious, what is your part time job?

    By Blogger Imez, at 9:27 PM  

  • I'm a substitute house manager for a prominent local repertory theatre. It sucks! But that's a whole other post.

    By Blogger Abyss of Silence, at 8:46 AM  

  • Blog is the new Journal!

    By Blogger freethoughtguy, at 5:13 PM  

  • Aw! But I spent 25 bucks on that sucker! Besides I blog at work, I'll journal at home. WHY IS EVERYBODY SO AGAINST THIS?!?!

    wah!

    Oh, by the way, it's January 6th and I've yet to write word one in that beautiful leather-clad book.

    I burn with shame.

    By Blogger Abyss of Silence, at 9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home