Abyss of Silence

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Sigh

I shouldn't really be writing a post but I just have to say this little thing. I'm sick of everyone being so f*cking sensitive. I often find that my mode of expression ends up getting me in hot water. First off, I'm no marketing person. I like to call things what they are. If I like an expression I use it. Usually it's an expression that's strong and actually mean something.

If someone is acting irritable, I'll say they are being pissy. I like that word. Don't you? The connotation is clear. I mean, irritable is so bland. So I'll use pissy and people get upset. I mean I sort of get it but then I really don't.

I don't know where I'm going with this I'm just tired of people taking things personally, not putting them into perspective as to how much they should take something personally, and sweating the small stuff!!!

3 Comments:

  • Hmmm...this is a toughie 'cause I get what you're saying, but there's been times when I've been legitimately upset about something and someone call me 'pissy' and it did bug me 'cause it made me feel that they were trivializing what was upsetting me. It's one of those words that's perfectly okay if someone's sense of humor is still functional...but I have to say that if I were having a bad day and someone called me pissy, I might thwack 'em. And that being said, there are times when I'm definitely just being pissy about things instead of dealing with them.

    Bet this didn't help at all, did it?

    You'll have to tell me what prompted this post...

    By Blogger Dana Fredsti, at 5:40 PM  

  • "Pissy" may not be so clear. In New York, if someone calls you a "pisser," it means you are a funny person - a compliment!

    By Blogger freethoughtguy, at 11:23 PM  

  • uuuhh... If in Germany someone call´s you a "pisser" (this word also exists in german) it´s like someone call´s you "ashole".

    By Blogger Lady Vanilla, at 6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home