Abyss of Silence

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Truly Cool People

I'm just going to spew out a list from time to time. This is one of them.

These are (or in some cases were), in my opinion, truly cool people.

In no particular order...

Mark Twain
George Carlin
Jennifer Saunders
Douglas Adams
Steve Martin
David Sedaris
Jon Stewart
Eddie Izzard
Margaret Cho
David Cross
What does this list say about me? Why do I rate these particular people as truly cool?
What do the qualifications seem to be?
#1 They are all funny.
#2 They all write their own material.
#3 They are all irreverant.
#4 At least four of them are atheists.
Did I miss anything?

2 Comments:

  • Excellent list. I saw David Sedaris speak in Seattle. Actually I walked right past him. For some reason he was out smoking a cigarette in front of the theater he was speaking at, and NO ONE noticed him. Hundred people walked around him, holding his book and talking excitedly. I saw him, registered his small stature, went on. Saw him on stage, and have been smacking my own head for six years.

    Anyway. Great list. Who is Eddie Izzard?

    By Blogger Imez, at 10:25 PM  

  • Who is Eddie Izzard? Oh, my dear! He is only the funniest stand up comic in England. I would suggest you rent (if it's available near you) or buy from Amazon his DVD "Dress to Kill". If you look it up you may notice a person dressed somewhat like a woman and wearing make-up. There is nothing wrong with your computer screen. He's also a transvestite. It has little to do with his stand up really. He just likes dressing in women's clothes.

    By Blogger Abyss of Silence, at 10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home