Abyss of Silence

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Piss & Moan

The last several weeks have really been kind of shitty. I feel like bitching so here goes...

Sickness
(Not for the faint of heart) Two weekends ago I spent the entire weekend sick. And I don't mean some wussy sniffles. No, I was puking. I threw up six times in one night. That wasn't it, I had liquid hot magma diarrhea too, that was until the point my intestines were completely emptied, then it was merely liquid. Yes, water. I was pooping out water! I didn't retaining any liquids for about 15 hours. These two nasty symptoms played havoc with the rest of my system rendering my three day weekend (YES, IT WAS A THREE DAY WEEKEND) totally horrible. Hrmph!
Bright Side: I got a free colonic.

Upset
The day after my birthday I got a call from my Dad. He never remembers whether my birthday is the 30th or the 31st. No biggie about that but his great news was that he nearly suffered a stroke and spent 4 days in the hospital, most of them in intensive care. This freaked me out and upset me for several different reasons.
Bright Side: He's ok.

Injury
The morning after I talked to my Dad I decided to exercise before work. So on the elliptical I get. About 8 very easy minutes into it I realize, wow my back is really starting to hurt. The pain grew and grew throughout the rest of the day. I had to move very slowly and in sad little limping movements. I took Friday off (oh yay another 3-day weekend!) as I could barely move without screaming. Saturday was no better. Sunday I showed much more improvement and could move around without the used of a makeshift cane we came up with. I was finally able to sleep back in my own bed on Tuesday night (but not without pain).
Bright Side: Oh fuck, there just isn't one.

So there it is. Hopefully I've gotten all the shitty, nasty, fucked-up bad luck over with for the rest of the year. And I will leave this with a childish, petulant WAAAHHH!

4 Comments:

  • My back went out on Christmas Eve - I had the whole WEEK off and spent it in relative pain.

    Thursday I broke down and decided I needed to go to the chiropractor, but guess what? Thursday is to Chiropractors as Monday is to Chinese Food Restaurants - they're all CLOSED!

    I ended up enlisting Brian's help in doing some serious stretching and yoga positions (childs pose, down dog, and cats pose) and it helped a lot.

    Boo to back pain. Double boo to pooping acid.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:54 AM  

  • You and I need to get together and write a country song.

    By Blogger Abyss of Silence, at 11:22 AM  

  • Well, our wives didn't get mutilated in the thresher and neither of us are alcoholics (yet), so we may have to wait another few years.
    Toria

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:25 PM  

  • Hmmm...this comment may show up twice 'cause the computer/blogger is acting flippy. Oh well, here we go again!

    Anyway, I'm glad your dad is okay (and my dad has the same trouble remembering birthdays and was also in the hospital recently). ANd after my own recent experience with hot magma poop and vomiting, I feel your pain. Or my pain.

    By Blogger Dana Fredsti, at 7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home