Abyss of Silence

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Freedom is so close, I can smell it!

I speak of course of my freedom from my current show. As I have mentioned before I am the stage manager of Contra Costa Civic Theatre's current production of Meet Me in St. Louis. It's been a long run and I haven't had a day off in 6 weeks. Not that we have a performance every night but I do have a regular job. So sufficed to say, I'm tired. This Sunday is my first day off in too long.

This has not been the best theatre experience of my life however, the show has worked out pretty well in the end. The improvement since opening night has been outstanding and I'm actually proud of this production. It's really a fun show to watch. Sure there are some actors in it who I will gladly say goodbye to forever, but the majority of them are delightful.

And so when the curtain falls on Saturday night I will experience a slight pang of regret. That's the hard thing about theatre, you work so hard on something for so long (I've been involved in this since April!) and then it's all gone. All we end up creating are memories.

But that's show biz. So I'll clean my stuff out of the tech booth, collect my big fat check (ok my stipend), attend the cast party, turn in my keys, and delete my production blog. And then I'll rest.

If you're interested, here's a link to some photos takend during a performance. Mind you there were taken for the benefit of the Costumer's portfolio, still some good shots.

2 Comments:

  • abyss, I like you so much. I wish you wrote more often. Can I email you and ask you question about my new theater critic gig cuz I know absolutely nothing about theater?

    By Blogger Imez, at 9:04 AM  

  • Sure.

    abyssofsilence@yahoo.com

    By Blogger Abyss of Silence, at 10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home