Abyss of Silence

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Questionaire time again

* Worst way to die?
Any way which is painful and I see it coming.

* What is the worst injury you've ever had?
Cat scratch disease. It made a lymph gland in my arm swell and stay swollen(painfully so) for months. It was pretty damned gross when it erupted and issued forth brown (yes brown) liquid. Maybe this should have been the grossest rather than worst and I guess it's not technically an injury. Oh well, it's all typed out now.

* What is your favorite thing about thanksgiving?
Duh, the food!

* What makes an awesome party?
When the guest list is limited to my closest friends.


*What's something most would consider an insult but you enjoy having said about you?
That I'm weird.

* Favorite kind of dog?
A cat.

* Favorite carnival food (everyone has one)?
No we don't.

*Are you a morning or night person?
I must admit that I love the morning, if I've had enough sleep. It's so beautiful.

* Worst drunken/drugged up habit?
My only real drunken habit is to discuss how drunk I am.

*What bill do you hate paying the most?
Rent! Money down a hole, purchasing nothing but time. It kills me.

* Last time you puked from drinking?
Only time I puked from drinking is the first time I got drunk. Went way too far on the rum & cokes.

*When is the last time you got drunk and danced on a bar?
Never.

*Name of your first grade teacher?
Mrs. Adams

*What do you really want to be doing right now?
Reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

* What did you want to be when you were growing up?
An astronaut.

*How many colleges did you attend?
Two, Ventrura College (a junior college) and then San Jose State University.

* If you could move anywhere and take someone with you...
I'd like to live in St. Ives for a while. I'd take my hubby, as long as he doesn't cross me.

* First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
Snooze

* Last thought before going to sleep last night?
Not Dobby.

*Favorite style of underwear??
Semi-granny. I'm sorry but I don't like stuff riding up my crack!

* Favorite style of underwear for the opposite sex?
Boxers.

* What errand/chore do you despise?
Kitty litter & taking out the trash.

* If you didn't have to work, would you volunteer at an art gallery?
Does a community theatre count?

*Get up early or sleep in?
Get up early.

* Favorite NON sexual thing to do at night with a girl/guy?
Just hang with the hubby. We watch tv and make a lot of jokes.

* A secret that you wouldn't mind everyone knowing?
I don't think I have anything. I'm really not that interesting.

* How many joints pop when you get out of bed in the morning?
Right ankle, just before I get out of bed.

* Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual that was invented by people who died at 20?
No.

* Do you cheer for the bad guy?
Depends on the bad guy.

* What Hollywood star do you think resembles you best?
According to a face recognition program I resemble Juliette Binoche the most but I don't really see it. I don't really think I look like anybody.

* Norm or Cliff?
Feh! Cheers was totally overrated.

* The Cosby Show or the Simpsons?
Duh! Simpsons. How old is this freaking questionaire?

* Do you like the person who sits directly across from you at work?
Yes.

* If you could get away with it, who would you kill?
No one. I couldn't kill anyone. I could take away their liberty by condemning them to prison but never death. There are too many shades of grey in this world for that degree of certainty.

* Have you ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purpose?
Nope.

* Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth?
Is the shower strange?

* At this point in your life would you rather start a new career or relationship?
Career.

* Do you go to church?
Of course not.

* Pencil or pen?
Pen.

4 Comments:

  • * Worst way to die?
    Smothering, and that includes drowning. Anything where your conscious and you can no longer breathe. I'm not really claustrophobic; I'm just afraid of not being able to breathe in air.

    * What is the worst injury you've ever had?
    I'm fairly careful, so haven't had many injuries. So I guess the worst one was falling on my knee on cement, then twisting it as I roled over to let my back take the brunt of the fall (can't mess up this beautiful face!). Knee and back are still messed up after 8 years.

    * What is your favorite thing about thanksgiving?
    Family and friends and the smell of turkey with the sound of football on the TV.

    * What makes an awesome party?
    Fun people.

    *What's something most would consider an insult but you enjoy having said about you?
    When Hal burps "I love you Monica". That's special.

    * Favorite kind of dog?
    The big, gentle kind ones. Golden Retrievers et al.

    * Favorite carnival food (everyone has one)?
    Those sugared almonds that come in a cone.

    *Are you a morning or night person?
    Definitely mornings. All my energy is at its peak in the morning. I get up as soon as the sun does. Don't want to miss anything!

    * Worst drunken/drugged up habit?
    Talk WAY TO LOUD!

    *What bill do you hate paying the most?
    Electric bill. It's absurdly high. And they managed to charge extra for over the limit which is obviously decided on by the usage of a small single gnome living in a dark cave without any amenities. That's the base. Anything over the base gets a surcharge (like paying for it to begin with isn't enough), and anything over that gets another surcharge, and anything over that gets another surcharge. We're putting in solar next years.

    * Last time you puked from drinking?
    Soooooo long ago I can't remember.

    *When is the last time you got drunk and danced on a bar?
    Never. I'm not agile enough to get UP on a bar, leastwise dance there.

    *Name of your first grade teacher?
    Mother Mary something-or-other. I just remember that she was the oldest teacher there and all four of my older siblings, and all 4 of my younger siblings had the same first grade teacher.

    *What do you really want to be doing right now?
    Sit under the cool shade of a big tree reading a novel. It hasn't been cool here in weeks, and our one tree isn't big enough for that purpose.

    * What did you want to be when you were growing up?
    A teacher. How boring.

    *How many colleges did you attend?
    Only a brief stint at a junior college. The first three classes were the same crap I had in high school, so I opted out.

    * If you could move anywhere and take someone with you...
    I'd move back to the coast with Hal, closer to my daughters.

    * First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
    No alarm. Wake up with the sun. First thought - I gotta pee.

    * Last thought before going to sleep last night?
    Hope Hal feels better tomorrow.

    *Favorite style of underwear??
    I love the lacy silky stuff, but wear comfortable cotton. Thongs? Might as well wear dental floss.

    * Favorite style of underwear for the opposite sex?
    Jockeys. Hal wears loose boxers, though. Better for his "boys".

    * What errand/chore do you despise?
    Grocery shopping and putting groceries away. Can't someone deliver them and put them away for me?

    * If you didn't have to work, would you volunteer at an art gallery?
    Don't know enough about art to do so. Would rather volunteer somewhere they help other people. Like a soup kitchen or hospital or library.

    *Get up early or sleep in?
    Get up early with the sun. Try sleeping in, but just end up thinking about all the stuff I'm gonna do during the day.

    * Favorite NON sexual thing to do at night with a girl/guy?
    Does snuggling count as sexual? If so, then my second choice would be watching TV together, rewriting the scripts to make the shows more interesting.

    * A secret that you wouldn't mind everyone knowing?
    No secrets. Couldn't remember them if I had any, so why bother. Besides, you don't have to worry about blackmail if everyone knows your story.

    * How many joints pop when you get out of bed in the morning?
    They don't pop exactly. They rub and grind against each other. All my joints. And all day, too.

    * Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual that was invented by people who died at 20?
    No. But I think who you choose at 20 may change when you're 40. Especially if the couple doesn't grow up together. Sometimes one of them gets stuck and doesn't grow. But you have to have kids when you're young. So I think your marriage in your youth should be a 15-year contract, renewable if both parties agree. That way the kids are covered, and you can move on if you're unhappy without any finger-wagging. That'll never happen.

    * Do you cheer for the bad guy?
    If he's a sympathetic bad guy. If he's being bad for a good reason. Or he's being bad in an unharmful way.

    * What Hollywood star do you think resembles you best?
    Used to be Faye Dunaway. Now it's Shirley Knight.

    * Norm or Cliff?
    Cliff. Norm is just a slob. Cliff has some interesting personality quirks.

    * The Cosby Show or the Simpsons?
    Cosby. Closer to my own life experiences than the Simpsons.

    * Do you like the person who sits directly across from you at work?
    Don't work. When I did, the cubicl walls separated us into our own little pods, so there wasn't much interaction - wasn't even sure who was over there most of the time.

    * If you could get away with it, who would you kill?
    Don't wish anyone dead. Wish some of them would go away forever, but not necessarily dead.

    * Have you ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purpose?
    No. The one we have for the kitchen is so old it probably doesn't even foam anymore.

    * Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth?
    What! Change my daily routine! NEVER! (obsessive disorders don't allow that kind of thing)

    * At this point in your life would you rather start a new career or relationship?
    Neither. I just want to rest.

    * Do you go to church?
    No. I believe in a higher power, but don't believe it's to be found in a building made and operated by man.

    * Pencil or pen?
    Pen. Pencils are for squids.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:39 AM  

  • OOOOO!! I sure hope I'm at least a bit responsible for how you turned out!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:23 PM  

  • Nice quiz. Tell me more about this face recognition program; I wanna see if I look like Juliette Binoche too.
    xo
    -D
    P.S. That is one grossbuckets cat scratch fever story! Remind me to tell you a less disgusting, but far more bizarre story along the same lines...

    By Blogger David Fitzgerald, at 10:15 AM  

  • dear god. That art movie morph below? There is a moment about an inch in where the woman/women look just like me at my prettiest in high school.

    Makes me feel weird. There is no denying she looks like I looked at she was pretty.

    Seems incongruent.

    I'm sorry, I'm digressing. I miss you!

    By Blogger Imez, at 10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home