Abyss of Silence

Thursday, March 16, 2006

"Why don't things ever go smooth?"

I'm stealing a line from one of my all-time favorite television shows, "Firefly".

I'm not really going to write much other than a feeling-sorry-for-myself ode because I have too much going on, and so much of it going badly.

For the second year in a row my Vehicle Registration renewal didn't come in the mail. So I've had to jump through hoops to get that done. Frickin DMV! This included getting a smog check (for the first time) on my vehicle. Grrr! Of course it passed it's only 5 years old and a Toyota! So there's $50 down the hole.

My car needs new tires. My tires on the left hand side need topping off about every two weeks. Since the leak is so slow I'm putting it off.

Chase (my former credit card company) decided to raise my annual rate to 30%,
OUT OF THE BLUE! I've never missed a payment and they've made a butt-load of money off me over the years. Not only that bullsh*t but they did it in the most underhanded manner. A few months before this increase they raised my credit limit, again, out of the blue
. Gee, perhaps they wanted me to get deeper in debt before they screwed me? You be the judge. On Valentine's Day I get this little pamphlet in the mail, which totally looked like junk mail, I just by chance didn't throw it away. In it, they describe in VERY COMPLICATED language that they are going to raise my rate unless I contact them IN WRITING by February 20th (six f*cking days). What bullsh*t is this? F*CK THEM! I'm sure most of the lucky selected saps they did this to will only discover it at the end of the month when they get their statement. Not only that but then they send me this ridiculous offer that if I book travel and accommodations, they'll give me one lousy free ticket to Disneyland. Hmmm, maybe they want me to spend more money before I discover they jacked the price up on me? I am forced to believe this since I've never, ever received such an offer from Chase before. So I got a new credit card with my current bank at a much more reasonable rate.

But who needs this crap?! So I had to go around and stop the automatic recurrent payments that go on this card (you're not allowed to do this over the phone), just adding to my busyness and annoyance and anger. Not to mention I just found out one of the payments that I bothered to go out and change didn't take, as the charge ended up on the wrong card anyway.

My cat had worms! I had to go get him de-wormed. Aargh and eewww!

Let's see what else? The play I'm working on has been hindered at every turn. We've got a great group of people but we've had two actors drop out for personal reasons, difficulty in replacing them, set problems, and difficulty in having rehearsals where everyone can attend. The show is opening in two weeks and we're just not where we need to be. I have a small part and I'm the stage manager. More aggravation and nervousness and also fatigue as we rehearse several weeknights every week until about 10pm. I know we'll work it out in the end, somehow, it's just aggravating.

I am now a Notary Public but I had to do quite a lot in order to complete the transaction, including ordering supplies, purchasing a bond, getting reimbursement (this is for work), going down to the County offices to file my bond and taking my oath of office. Busy! But at least that's done with.

Our office flooded again, (from the sewer line, feh!) putting back getting new carpet installed indefinitely. I'm walking around on concrete and carpet glue (like I have been for the last 3 months) and it's driving me crazy!

What else can I complain about?

Eh, I'm out of steam. Well, this was kind of cathartic actually.

"I sleep now!" (stealing another line, this time from "The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra")

4 Comments:

  • Well, other than your mother losing her leg and the mutant baby, you weren't exaggerating. Jeez louise, girl, are you sure you don't want us to drive over there?! I really don't want to add any more stress to your life!

    I've had the credit card companies do that. I've learned to open and read everything very carefully. Rat bastards.

    By Blogger Dana Fredsti, at 1:56 PM  

  • Nah! We're good. It's a nice drive and hopefully it will be sunny so we can walk on the beach.

    Credit card companies ARE evil, greedy rat bastards!

    By Blogger Abyss of Silence, at 2:23 PM  

  • Dear God. Weren't you the one once telling me that you suffering made for good writing?

    You've got a Tennessee Williams play in that blog somewhere. Change "cat" to "effeminate uncle" and "worms" to "social ostracization by the whole dilapidated cold water flat in Georgia" and bam.

    Keep on truckin' hon.

    ps. Firefly rocks

    By Blogger Imez, at 5:15 PM  

  • Esereth,

    You're too kind (and funny!) but I don't call all this crap suffering, it's more like constant, petty annoyances.

    I like the idea of it being a Tennessee Williams play but I suspect it's merely a mediocre country song.

    And I hate country music!

    ;) Thanks darlin'

    P.S.- Firefly DOES rock!

    By Blogger Abyss of Silence, at 9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home