Abyss of Silence

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I love Kathy Griffin

I've watched every episode of My Life on the D-List as well as her concerts. She's hilarious and down to earth and blatantly honest.

Anyway, she just recently received an emmy for the aforementioned television show and of course she was hilarious and really offensive. In her accceptance speech she said..

"A lot of people come up here and thank Jesus for this award. I want you to know that no one had less to do with this award than Jesus," an exultant Griffin said, holding up her statuette. "Suck it, Jesus. This award is my god now."

How freaking funny can you get?! I mean yeah I don't believe in god but even if I did I'm pretty sure it would annoy me that people think it was some sort of cosmic cash machine. Be good my child and I'll grant you something as stupid and frivilous as an Emmy! Honestly!

Anyhoo, I just had to admire the moxie on her to stand up there in this stifling climate of political correctness and say something like that. And seriously, if there was a god, I'd hope it would be as advanced as a human being enough to recognize a JOKE!

Congratulations Kathy!

7 Comments:

  • The emmy may be HER god but she is my god. She was good on Ellen yesterday.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:36 PM  

  • I heard they were going to cut that part of the speech out when they aired it - can it be that they actually didn't? That would be awesome!

    toria

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:38 AM  

  • I think I may love Kathy Griffin too. I've never seen D-List though. Is it on regular TV? What day?

    By Blogger Fleeting Mind, at 12:56 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Abyss of Silence, at 12:07 PM  

  • Mom: Kathy on Ellen- did she talk about her acceptance speech? Probably not, they're such pussies on daytime television.

    Toria: Yeah, they are going to cut it out. I think they should leave it in. It's funny, damn it!

    Steph: Your comment made it to me as an email that was replyable. Weird. Anyway her show is on Bravo. The third season just ended.

    She lost the Emmy last year to "Extreme Home Makeover". She figured she was going to loose so she made a scene when they were announced by storming out flipping off every one and saying they can suck it. She, of course, thought it was a really funny idea. Her lawyer (Larry Flint's lawyer) had to make a bunch of appologies the next day. She refused to do so. She doesn't appologize for being funny.

    By Blogger Abyss of Silence, at 12:09 PM  

  • Kathy Griffin always gave me the impression of the desperately unpopular girl at highschool (hollywood, the biggest high school) trying to find her niche among the cool kids. I always felt like insecurity just radiated off of her.

    But hey, an Emmy. That's a pretty good way to get a seat at the cool lunch table.

    And yeah, Suck it God.

    By Blogger Imez, at 8:07 AM  

  • I can totally see how you'd see that. And perhaps that is how she started out but she completely owns her lack of popularity. She has been calling herself a D-List celebrity for a long time now. She pulls stunts to get herself in the tabloids and is happy when it happens.

    The fact that she owns her fame-grubbing really dispells the desperation.

    By Blogger Abyss of Silence, at 10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home