Abyss of Silence

Monday, September 10, 2007

Who Gives a Shit? Part Three

Britney Spears.

Honestly. I just feel sorry for her at this point. She clearly grew up with no one keeping her grounded until she's become a substance-abusing, insane person.

The biggest problem for her is probably all the freaking attention and scrutiny that continually dogs her existence. How can you be normal with all that going on? So she wasn't that great at the VMA's, so what if she's got a bit of a tummy (after two children) give her a break and stop paying such close attention. She'd probably be able to sort herself out.

And I'm not even a fan! Why am I writing about her? I never gave a shit before today. Whenever people talked about her my eyes glazed over. Now I feel sympathy.

So I encourage the rest of the human race to say, "Who gives a shit?" And leave the poor kid alone. Let the feeding frenzy stop. Honestly, it was once boring, now it's just cruel.

6 Comments:

  • I wonder why her mother doesn't step in to help. We're supposed to rescue our kids when they're drowning.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:37 PM  

  • Hmmm. She's troubled and all of that and I'm happy to leave her alone and not care about her if she would just go away, but she keeps putting herself out there. Would you be as sympathetic to the star of one of your plays if they gave such a limp performance?

    Personally, I think she looked great. I don't think it's a big deal that she looked like she was 115 pounds instead of 110; but what she did on that stage was a joke.

    I think this is what she needed to do in order to kill her career enough to disappear for a while.
    -toria

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:50 AM  

  • I'm just annoyed that instead of feeling nothing about her I now feel sorry for her.

    She strikes me as someone who has absolutely no control over her own life. Why wouldn't she keep putting herself out there, that's all she's known since she was a mouseketeer? Why would she say no to the VMA thing?

    I wouldn't allow someone that distrubed to remain in one of my plays.

    By Blogger Abyss of Silence, at 12:17 PM  

  • I'm in agreement. I don't like her, never really have, but most women in the country would kill to have a post child-birth figure as good as hers and to call her fat because she's not perfectly toned any more is a great way to induce anorexia in a lot more teens...

    By Blogger Dana Fredsti, at 5:58 PM  

  • However, she should not have deluded herself she had a pre-childbirth figure and insisted (against the network's suggestion) on going up in that bikini. The look was skanky, not classy.

    By Blogger Doug S, at 3:21 PM  

  • Agreed. However, even if she had the pre-childbirth figure, the look would have been skanky, not classy. In fact I think she's always been skanky, one of the reasons I've never been a fan.

    It is a strong indication of a lack of talent when sex is needed to sell music.

    By Blogger Abyss of Silence, at 9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home