Abyss of Silence

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Skip, skip, skip to my lou

My sis complained that I haven't blogged due to the play. Well, I'm busy but I also haven't really anything much to say. Here's a quick catch up.

Meet Me in St. Louis- We're half way through the run now. We have three more weekends of performances left. I haven't had a full day off in three weeks and so I'm kinda tired a lot. The show is going well. Hell week (the week preceding opening) was indeed hell and very unfun. Most of the cast is wonderful but I'd love to kick the shit out of a couple of them. The show itself is very cute and fun. We've received good reviews (see link), the numerous scene changes are going much more smoothly, but I'll be glad when it's done. I'm really kinda done with theatre for a while. This show has not been a very good experience.

I don't think I've done so great a job on this show and oddly enough I keep getting told how great I am as a stage manager. I'm even being courted by Contra Costa Civic Theatre to do more stage managing for them next season. I have to say CCCT has not been the problem with this production but I think I'll probably decline. I can't do this anymore when I have a full time job. I really need rest. It hasn't all been horrible, I like seeing how far the show has come, I like running the performances, I'm just tired and severly unenthusiastic.

David, Dana & Rick were supposed to see it last Friday but due to a major error in judgement that was called off so they're going to attempt it again this Saturday. One of my bosses is going to bring her kids to the penultimate performance.

Road Trip- My company applied for a grant and I had to drive the paperwork to Sacramento before the deadline last Friday. I would have totally been psyched for an assignment like this except I had a performance that evening so I ended up being more tired. Grrr! But it wasn't so bad. Sacramento wasn't too hot and I like breaking from the same old, same old.
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Rick and I saw it last night. The movie was interrupted by a fire alarm (good old Bay Street) about 15 minutes in which provided me with a convenient bathroom break. It was pretty good, the movie not my bathroom break, although that too was a success. As per usual they changed things quite, and didn't round out a single character but I still enjoyed it. My copy of Deathly Hallows should arrive next week. (squeal!)

1 Comments:

  • So does Daniel R actually act in this one? I don't think it's his fault exactly. I don't think any of the directors let him act.

    "...although that too was a success." You kill me!

    By Blogger Fleeting Mind, at 10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home