Abyss of Silence

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Happy Birthday to my Mom!

She's the one on the right hand side of the page on her 11th birthday in Ottawa, Ontario. Of course this was a while ago. Let's see what else she's done...

She (on left) worshipped Elvis!

She was a majorette and marched in parades!

She dated. (nice legs!)
She had two adorable kids and took them to Canada.


She traveled the high seas.

She's traveled to other parts of the world. (whoops! I just realized that's not her in the picture, but I'm certain she's taking the picture)

She goofed off in those other parts of the world.

She was always good to her Mom...

...and loved by animals. I just can't say enough about the woman! My Mom: strong, smart, independent, funny, generous, Canadian. :)

Happy Birthday, Mom! Here is a virtual hug from me until a few weeks from now when I can give you an actual one.

5 Comments:

  • Great pictures and tribute. It's always a pleasure when kids see their parents as human beings instead of just a Mom.

    That was Nick in the dating picture, Yes?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:01 AM  

  • What a precious tribute. You are super fortunate to still have your mom around to love and honor. Tessa B.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:18 AM  

  • Great pictorial! Yes, I think that is Mom on da boat.

    By Blogger Fleeting Mind, at 11:29 PM  

  • Monica- Yep, that's my dad in the dating picture.

    Tessa- Thank you and yes, I am very fortunate.

    Fleeting Mind (aka- the sibling)- Perhaps it showed up funny on your screen but I was indicating that it wasn't Mom with us in front of the sphinx on the Thames (I looked closely and I think it's Judy).

    By Blogger Abyss of Silence, at 9:17 AM  

  • Sweetie, I just now looked at your blog. It's so sweet! Thank you. In the Elvis picture, that's Veisi Djalali with me. In the picture by the Thames, it is Judy and I did take the picture.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home